Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting service appertains to saving and/or sharing particular content on a web hosting server hosted by a web hosting distributor. There are different forms of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's study these. In this way, you can elect what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to establish a weblog, mail addresses, or to share files with mates and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution offered by given web hosts, which permits you to share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage accounts often involve advertisements beside the download links, while a timer compels you to await a given period of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly imprecise explanation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would split the tasks at hand between individual stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various web space hosting services (email, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a brand of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific vendors provide a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting kind is suitable if you would like to share a large quantity of pics with buddies or acquaintances since the service is usually free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to managing your mail aliases. Some firms offer web hosting solutions for web sites, but do not supply an email solution. If you would like to have an email address with your domain name but do not want to have a site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can open e-mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video creates a particular amount of CPU load, so with several videos and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have difficulty with your webspace hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will permit you to keep as many videos as you want without bothering about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to run a site. To a certain degree, it includes all of the aforesaid hosting brands since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and email mailbox accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Lonex, for instance, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that allow you to have all of the aforesaid services in one single location. There may be restrictions depending on the type of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting account may be better or worse compared to the typical e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are made for particular web content solely.